Guest Interview: Career and Leadership Coach and Author – Brenda Abdilla
On this episode, we’re talking with Brenda Abdilla about building our emotional agility when dealing with stress. Brenda shares from her new book Outsmarting Crazytown: A Business Novel About how Derailed Professionals Can Get Back On Track and opens up about how her personal journey helped develop her self-leadership skills.
Brenda Abdilla is a respected and sought-after career and leadership coach. She works with corporate leaders who want more effective strategies for team accountability and collaboration, and with professionals who are navigating a change in their high-level careers. More than 90% of Brenda’s coaching clients get promoted, land the role they desire, or address their core issue within 12 months of engaging Brenda.
Outsmarting Crazytown: A Business Novel About How Derailed Professionals Can Get Back On Track, (Indie Books, 2020) is Brenda’s second career-centric book. Outsmarting Crazytown hit the Amazon bestseller list for new releases in career. She is also the author of: What’s Your Lane: Career Clarity for Moms Who Want to Work a Little, A lot, or Not at All (2013), and serves as the professional facilitator for two Denver-based Women Presidents’ Organization groups.
- 2:49 – Getting to know Brenda and her Background
- 5:10 – Morning Routine
- 8:42 – Brenda’s Book
- 11:15 – the Going to the Ugly
- 14:00 – Tyranny of Positivity
- 15:24 – Alleviating Caution Fatigue
- 16:51 – Using Self-Leadership to Get Unstuck
- 20:45 – Uncovering Superpowers
- 21:45 – Guiding Principle of Emotional Agility
- 24:42 – Practices for Living Out this Principle
- 27:05 – Changing Celebrations
- 31:36 – Finding Brenda and her Book
- Brenda Abdilla
- “Outsmarting Crazytown: A Business Novel about How Derailed Professionals Can Get Back On Track, ” Brenda Abdilla
- “60 Seconds and You’re Hired!” Robin Ryan
- “Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World,” Tim Ferriss
- “Emotional Agility,” Dr. Susan David
- Boss Yourself First Facebook Page
- Boss Yourself First Instagram