Literacy, Language, and Labels of Emotional Agility
How do you like to show up in a heated moment? Explosively out-of-control or clear-thinking and decisive? In this episode, we add another layer to our emotional literacy with the language we use and the labels we create. With this understanding, we can calm our triggered brains to create space between stimulus and response – to choose our actions and show up in a way that aligns with our values.
- 2:04 – Appetizer: Emotional Triage
- 4:16 – Literacy, Language, & Labels
- 5:14 – The Value of Knowing Our Emotions
- 7:35 – The Science Behind Emotions
- 9:29 – Exercise Self-Compassion
- 10:17 – Next Time